Our church is a place where all are welcome and God can be found.
We seek to:
· build up our spiritual life through prayer and teaching,
· actively encourage lay involvement in mission and outreach,
· share the good news of the Gospel with the whole community,
· working closely with the other parishes in our benefice: Holy Immanuel, Fauls and Christ Church, Tilstock.
Bless, O Lord our God,
the worship and work of this church,
that it may be a house of prayer,
a centre of Christian teaching,
a community of service,
and a witness to your redeeming love;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
St Alkmund’s congregations are committed to:
· Praying for our Town – its schools, hospital, local councillors, businesses & shops—which we do regularly in our Sunday and Wednesday prayers .
· Supporting church mission societies and relief agencies, financially and in prayer.
· Campaigning for FairTrade and using only fairly traded coffee, tea and sugar at church events.
· Working with our fellow Christians in the other churches: St George’s Roman Catholic Church, St John’s Methodist Church, and Beacon Church.
Regular Sunday Services
8.00am Said Communion
10.00am Sung Communion
Junior Church & Sermon Slot during the 10.00am service
(Coffee is served at the back of church after this service)
6.30pm Sung Evensong BCP
1st Sunday of every month
10.00am “Worship Together” Communion
5th Sunday in any month
10.30am Joint Service in Fauls, Tilstock or Whitchurch
Morning Prayer Wednesdays at 9.45am (usually in Bargates Hall, but check the notices in the pewsheet)